>Where are you going?
– To the moon.
>Have you built a rocket-ship?
-It was more of a figure of speech.
>Oh … I thought you had achieved the height of DIY space pioneering.
-One can only wish.
>It’s an admirable goal.
>I’d love to go to the moon. I feel like the astronauts really underused their vacations there.
-Those weren’t vacations.
>Um … beg to differ. They played golf.
-I’m pretty sure they weren’t drinking mai-tais amid the moon rocks.
>Alright whatever … in their jaunts to the moon for scientific shenanigans.
– Shenanigans? It’s not a fuckin swingers club!
> For Scientific Pursuits … better?
> So ..
> Where are you going?
– To see friends.
> Friends? I thought I was your only friend.
– No…I have other people in which I enjoy socializing with.
> Really? I find that incredibly hard to believe.
– Why’s that?
> Oh just your face.
– Just my face?! What the hell type of statement is that?
> Jesus, it was just a joke! I didn’t realize your visage was such a touchy matter for you.
– I’m not vain.
> I didn’t say you were vain. I was fuckin kidding by the way.
– Sorry…no I’m just going out with some people I haven’t seen in awhile catching up, you know…
>Yeah. I know. I hate that dance routine. That’s why I don’t catch up … I let go and move on.
– That’s sad.
> It’s really not.
– But like … all of your past friends you’ve just let them go?
> If they feel compelled to keep in touch with me, absolutely … but otherwise, what’s the use? Excess baggage.
– That’s callus man.
> No, it’s self preservation.
– What about me?
> What about you?
– Am I going to be just some footnote someday?
> You’re the only one who knows that. I don’t cut ties, they tend to disintegrate on my watch. But something tells me…oh nevermind.
> Nevermind. It’s nothing.
– No, what?
> Why do you care?
> That doesn’t make any sense.
– Then talk to me…
> You’re so fucking dim. Do I have to spell it for you?
– I’m illiterate.
> That’s retarded.
– That’s non-inclusive language.
> You’re going to be late you fucking idiot.
– Late for what?
> Friends, non?
– Ah, yes … friends.
> Talk to you later.
– I’ll call you.
– Fuckin hell I’m exhausted.
– You didn’t do anything today … how can you be exhausted?
– Talking to you is exhausting.
– The staggering philosophical insights can be overwhelming, I understand.
– Or you reciting inane conversation you overheard at work is tiring and no longer endearing.
– That hurts.
– Suck it up puhlease.
– Why do I call you?
– Very good question … I was just about to ask the same thing.
– I dunno.
– Thanks … it’s nice to know you’re really thinking of me.
– Why’re you so testy tonight ?
– Can’t I be annoyed?
– What is there to be annoyed at?
– Stop with the questions!
– I didn’t realize …
– Do you ever feel like everything you do is futile? That everything you work for is simply some abstract illusion.
– I wish my life was a movie … hitting all the right plot points with being at the right place at the right time. Ideal.
– If you’re life was a movie what type would it be?
– Hey I’m asking the questions here!
– If you’re life was a movie what would it be?
– Probably a screw-ball comedy from the forties … His Girl Friday is basically my life.
– You’re Rosalind Russell?
– A boy can dream. You?
– Indie walk and talk …
– I’m a sucker for predictable but witty and sincere dialogue.